Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the current events there seems to a negative feeling in the world. Let's change that a little by posting something positive, could be small or major, just make it positive.

I'll start. I have a loving wife, 4 great sons and their spouses, 8 grandchildren, roof over my head and food in the pantry. My life has been good enough that I can afford a motorcycle that I can jump on and get some wind therapy when needed.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Good morning everyone seeing we have some extra time I’m using it to look for parts to improve my bike. Finally ordered the clear front lights today and the 1157 switch back bulbs.
If it would warm up a bit I’d be outside working on the bike. Maybe later today or tomorrow as it’s is spring time but still cold out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a camp in the PA mountains and spend most of the spring through fall months there. Talk about social distancing I can go for days without seeing anybody just me and my dog. My wife usually joins me on the weekends but now since she is working from home she can spend more time there with me. I have not opened up camp yet because of all the craziness but now that I know that my wife does not have to "go" to work I can relax a bit. She works with the public as an area manager for the Head Start program and oversees 8 different centers and their staff but now they are closed down. Looking forward to doing some miles on the mountain roads together.

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
I am starting to see my grass green up...Trees are budding...temp trying to get warm...I am positive I will be cutting grass in a couple of weeks. Plus.....I bought a 12 pack of TP!! Life is good! Everybody in my family is healthy! My work family is healthy...

·
Registered
956 Posts

·
Registered
2005 V Star 1100 Classic
42 Posts
I just retooled by basement workshop into a home office for the next while - on the upside, I went to Depot this morning (which looked like a demilitarized zone btw) and picked all the materials to do the subfloor for my major basement reno I've been working on for 2 yrs - keeps the mind - and body - occupied :p

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
476 Posts
Man it was beautiful here today. 75F and sunny, Took a 100 mile ride.
It was nice to cruise around on some country roads and take a huge breath of fresh air as I drove by the big cow pasture.
And I love the feeling of the wind blowing thru my hair(less).

·
2,742 Posts
Well, we've had a few days above freezing and the snow level has noticeably dropped. I still can't see my lawn but the banks have receded from the edge of my driveway and I can see sickly brown stuff that I know will become green grass in a month or six weeks. I haven't shoveled the driveway to my garage all winter and there's still a foot of snow there so no chance of even taking the bike around the block yet (sorry, that part wasn't so positive :p).

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Well, we've had a few days above freezing and the snow level has noticeably dropped. I still can't see my lawn but the banks have receded from the edge of my driveway and I can see sickly brown stuff that I know will become green grass in a month or six weeks. I haven't shoveled the driveway to my garage all winter and there's still a foot of snow there so no chance of even taking the bike around the block yet (sorry, that part wasn't so positive :p).
But i feel a little better about myself now.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts