Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
2,025 Posts
I had a great two hour ride today. Trying to get a rock formation. Heading up Hwy 50 to the Sierras ( Where I know there are rocks ) and see White Rock Road HMMM rock. See some positive signs and make a left and there are rocks. Took pics. A very positive day.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Deek you are like my father, he lived to fish. Growing up we had 3 boats a pontoon boat moored on a fishing lake, a flat bottom shallow draft bass boat and a semi-vee bass boat with a big motor. He had different tackle boxes set up for the type of fishing he wanted to do and atleast a hundred rods of every type. When he retired he rented a lake up north that they had to fly him into to fish for a week with my cousin ( his fishing partner). Now for the funniest part of the whole deal, he would not eat a fish. But he loved catching them.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Deek you are like my father, he lived to fish. Growing up we had 3 boats a pontoon boat moored on a fishing lake, a flat bottom shallow draft bass boat and a semi-vee bass boat with a big motor. He had different tackle boxes set up for the type of fishing he wanted to do and atleast a hundred rods of every type. When he retired he rented a lake up north that they had to fly him into to fish for a week with my cousin ( his fishing partner). Now for the funniest part of the whole deal, he would not eat a fish. But he loved catching them.
I don't have 100 rods but i do have a couple dozen. They get more expensive the newer they are. I am cheap so my most expensive is Basspro Johnny Morris Carbonlite 2.0

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
One cool thing with this suggested isolation, my wife bakes and does desserts for me. Today she made a peanut butter and Rice Krispy mix and dipped in chocolate. Yes, they are really good.

·
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If it makes y'all feel any better, I ate so many I'm miserable. But a good miserable.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
394 Posts
Counting my blessings here. I've been working from home for almost 4 years now, so this stay-at-home order hasn't really changed my day to day much. The company I work for is considered essential in Washington state, so as long as orders hold up I think the checks will keep coming. Retirement was planned for roughly a year from now. That might have to be delayed a little, but even if I had to leave the rat race now we would get by. Riding the bike is still acceptable, and as far as I can tell it is as safe from infection as taking a walk would be. And CA is still saying you SHOULD take walks. Traffic is lighter, so riding is safer. I'm almost embarrassed how little we have been affected. Very thankful.

·
2,788 Posts
Here's something positive - today was my last day before being laid off. Around 4 pm my boss radioed me to come to the office for a minute. I figured it was to say good bye and all that, but instead he told me to tear up my lay off notice. Someone got fired so they counted that as a one of the layoffs and I was called back. I hate to get my job back at the expense of someone else's, but I can't help but be thankful.

·
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Paul, that's great news. Wow, I mean fantastic news. Hope y'all have no more layoff.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts