41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Administrator
13,400 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Lower fuel prices are great for most. But the Houston economy is directly related to oil industry and many of my friends are either layed off or working one week on and one week off. Now for a positive, traffic is great, only took me 35 minutes to make my normal 1 hour plus commute.

·
2,729 Posts
I've never seen a store with an empty tp shelf yet. I guess people in my town are somewhat rational. I went to a hardware store today to get some reno supplies we'd forgot and even they had tp (limit 2 per customer). They only allow 25 people in the store at a time and have tables set up at the cash to keep 6 feet away from the cashier. Seems to work well for now. I expect they will soon be ordered to close though.

Gas is down to .75 /liter. That's almost half of what it was a few weeks ago (there are 3.8 liters in a US gallon). I know it sucks for people in the oil industry but it sure is nice to see $20 put over half a tank in my car.

·
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Paul, if you get a few extra rolls of TP, you can mail it to me, y'all know I'm full of $hit.

·
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Sunny and 90 degrees, good
Got to ride to work today, good
I'm still employed, good

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good weather ahead of us here in SoCal, so thats good. I was able to ride to work this morning that's good, although a bit nippy, 41 degrees when I left the house. Traffic on SoCal freeways has been light since this corona virus started.

Good riding weather ahead of us starting today Friday... that's good and positive.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Happy spring to all of you. It is definitely here. Bluebonnets are blooming.

Everyone I know is healthy and most of them are pretty damn happy. The street outside this window is full of kids on bikes, parents on bikes, dogs on leashes. It's green and warm. I smell chicken.

Hope we all meet up out on the road somewhere.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts