Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**EDIT**̶ <strike>potintial</strike>new to me v-star 1100 owner

hello all, been a v-star fan for years. now i'm about to own one!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, thanks. i was selling my car to buy a early to mid 2000's 650 classic, and on my ad i put may trade for cruiser no smaller than a 650, then someone emails me wanting to trade his 04 1100 classic, going tomorrow for a potential trade. its almost what i wanted to do to the 650, hypercharger, jet kit, it has V&H classic slip-ons, those will go away for a set of hardkrome 2.75 straits,

bad thing about the bike it is black...... good thing i went to school for auto collision repair and refinishing.

also will the baron star bars fit on the 1100? they don't show up on the baron website when i type in the bikes info..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
howdy. what's wrong with black?
just never been a fan, i feel with black tins, black frame, and a black engine, it hides the curves of a bike, and the v-stars look so good in white,

about the only black bikes i like are old school bobber styles,

here is the inspiration on what i want to look like, (only wish the one i'm looking at came with spokes and not the disk wheels...)
it is a 650,

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WELL THE DEAL WENT THROUGH!!!!
I'm the proud owner of a 2004 V-STAR 1100, silverado, he thought it was a classic, but its not. and it doesnt have the dish wheels on it now, he put on the (i call them ) star aluminum wheels, bike was a bit rougher than i thought but still really good shape, first thing thats going down it taking off the spikes the guy put all over the fenders... welding the holes then spraying some new shiny stuff. and during that time, getting rid of the darksider rear tire.......
bike also needs a good tune up been sitting about 6 months, and is running a bit rich, and a new clutch put in, it slips a bit at higher rpms, keep'em low and it grips fine.

color will be white with a blue pearl, with some STAR model of tank emblem put back on, might even do a mock stretch on seat side of the tank.

btw where can i source spoke wheels? factory preferably to keep the cost down, i've found the rears on ebay but no fronts....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'll post up some pictures tomorrow, it was dark when we got home, had to travel all the way to branson to pick it up.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
about the only black bikes i like are old school bobber styles,
(only wish the one i'm looking at came with spokes and not the disk wheels...)
Welcome:D Here is one of those opines of Sugar Bear: Black and Crome is #1. Now, the spoke thing, if you want to keep your ride lookin spiffy, it is much more easy to keep any wheel clean and lookin good other than spokes, they are a time consumin bitch to keep the shine and sparkle there:(

To add insult to injury, runnin spokes, you also gotta run tubes too.

Just food for thought there:) (all IMHFO:D)

Good luck with your new ride, and have fun:cool:

Ride Safe, Live Long:cool:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome:D Here is one of those opines of Sugar Bear: Black and Crome is #1. Now, the spoke thing, if you want to keep your ride lookin spiffy, it is much more easy to keep any wheel clean and lookin good other than spokes, they are a time consumin bitch to keep the shine and sparkle there:(

To add insult to injury, runnin spokes, you also gotta run tubes too.

Just food for thought there:) (all IMHFO:D)

Good luck with your new ride, and have fun:cool:

Ride Safe, Live Long:cool:
yeah i remember on one of the 650 forums long time ago they were a pain to keep looking nice.(something with the coating on them)
me and the old lady were throwing around ideas on paint, she really likes the Cadillac pearl white and the pearl black colors they have, maybe a two-tone is in order, with the STAR wheels painted black(where the graphite color is) with a set of wide white walls. with a silver pinstripe to break the black and white(it will also match the upper jugs and the "raw" aluminum on the wheels.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. It seems as though there are quite a few Star forum members near St. Louis. There are a lot of beautiful places to ride here in Missouri.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i drove it about a 1/4 mile up the road on the way back it died, it was running kinda rich, started it back up and i could only give it about a 1/4 inch of throttle then it would die...... got it back home, it wouldnt stay running and i ended up killing the battery ( partly my fault though, left the key on bringing it home lastnight for about 3 hours of a 4 hour trip.) I think it has been sitting a bit longer than the guy said it was, i'm thinking more like 6-8 months... and the hypercharger airfilter is way way dirty and over oiled..... thats ok though it is just going to be for looks when i do the POD filter mod under the tank.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
That's definitely a classic (or the PO changed the fenders and fork covers). Also looks like you could use some forward control extensions :)

There were some spoke OEM wheels on Craigslist a few months ago for $100 for the set (I watch CL pretty religiously since I got my ride in August). I think one of the STL dealers had them. Might also check the motorcycle salvage here in STL - they have a ton of great stuff cheap.

Finally, you'll love the pods!

Welcome!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
434 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats! It's a great lookin scoot. Have to agree with Miescha, it does look like you'd Benefit from some forward extensions to move your feet forward and drop your knees out of your chest. How tall are ya?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 29 Posts