Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it true that you're generally going to get more torque and horsepower from a slip-on muffler versus getting dual pipes? if so, why is that? i know that dual free flowing exhaust might cost you some low-end torque, but thought you made up for it with the increase in HP in the higher RPMs and gears. the reason i ask is because of recent testing done on a dyno with a yamaha bolt and now a 950 which shows better results from a slip-on muffler versus duals. the first is a dyno chart of a V Star 950, and the second is from a Bolt.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I don't know the answer, but I think I heard the opposite thing at the Harley Garage night that I went to last week. Their tech said you get more power from the duals...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Bevo I can't answer that either but I will say this...With those little differences on the chart is may be more about what brand pipe is installed as opposed to style. And either way anyone riding the bike would never notice 1 hp difference. I do see the point in your question and interested to see if you get a explanation for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts