Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we've been planning for this Saturday's ride for a few months now, ever since the date was set. It's the fall event of an annual benefit ride that's run twice a year, in the spring and the fall. We've never done it before, and were really looking forward to the spring run this year until the day of the ride when it snowed all day. So we've been planning the fall run, and our best friend was riding with us on his new-to-him-this-spring 650 Silverado.

He's known for most of the summer that he was going to need a new back tire before the fall run. Can't afford it, blah blah blah. So around the end of July, beginning of August, he came across a used OEM tire, about 60% tread left, for $30. Good deal, I agree. So he picked it up. And it sat at his house until he could "afford" the $60 to have it installed. So today, 3 days before our ride, he finally had it done. Only to find out that the tire was crap and the sidewall is shot. Now that it's too late to do anything about it.

So we're going on our ride on Saturday solo (ok, two people, solo bike; by "we" I didn't mean me and the friend in my pocket:D). Which is fine, since we'll see several hundred bikes and riders throughout the day, but it's always fun to ride with someone you know, too. And since we've been planning this since at least June, I'm a little miffed. I guess I'm done ranting, but my point is that sometimes it doesn't pay to try to save a buck, and it really sucks to wait until the last minute for something important.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Like I always say you get what you pay for it.I have learned from my early years of hard knocks that don't wait to the last minute because it never goes right.Have a great ride be safe,take lots of pictures and keep the shiny side up.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
I guess I'm done ranting, but my point is that sometimes it doesn't pay to try to save a buck, and it really sucks to wait until the last minute for something important.
:)

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel...:D

I can tell you're frosted...we were too this morning: 31 degrees....:D:D:D

Enjoy the fall colour (I have to spell it that way because you're honorary Canadians:)) and the ride.:)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Does this friend of your have a sign on him that says MUPHY´S LAW INCARNATE. aT LEAST YOU ARE READY Think of what would ahve happened if he had gone with your tow and something went wrong. Oyve

·
Administrator
13,286 Posts
wow. motorcycle tires is something i don't want to save money on. too important for your safety, handling, performance, self-confidence, and overall riding enjoyment and capability. tell your friend to go on a raman noodle diet if he needs to save money for something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts