Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings to all American glia friends I hope you can understand , why use google translator. I am a happy owner of a Yamaha Stratoliner , and reading some posts I noticed complaints about defects of this bike .the problem would gear third gear and my bike .the acquaistata was new in 2014 .I would know more , 'it will' was some cases , are a bit ' preoccupato.buona road at all

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum Roberto. There's lots pf great folks on here and I'm sure you'll find the answers you're looking for. Don't be shy to ask any question you may have and we will make sure to find an answer for you. If I understand right, your bike is a 2014. The third gear issue was mainly on older Strats and not all bikes had this problem. Yours being a 2014 I wouldn't worry about it. One thing you should check on a regular basis is thefront drive pulley. The retaining nut can loosen after a while.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
corsair hello , thanks for the speed ner answer me , is the bike and ' a 2014, I feel more' reassured now , midnigh star 1900A , in your part is called stratoliner.spero I think you can understand me (I'm using google translator) however, I will follow ' your advice 'll check ' the drive pulley nut. a salute to all biker friends , congratulations on the forum is' beautiful

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ciao Pietro da quello che ho letto in giro il midnigh star 1900 A ha un grave difetto sull'ingranaggio della terza marcia ,e quindi mi sono preoccupato parecchio.pero' pare (e sottolineo pare )che il difetto riguarda per lo piu' il modelli 2006 /2007 /2008, e fortunatamente sono solo alcuni di quelli , mi dicono che la mia essendo un 2014 di stare tranquillo,evidentemente la yamaha ha provveduto gia' da tempo a eliminare il difetto (spero!) ciao Roberto

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome Ioimo, from southwestern PA, in the U.S.of A. Excuse me for my ignorance, is that Italiano? Really cool to see a different language spoken, only wish I could understand. You'll have to post up some pics of you ride when ya get a chance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ciao Pietro da quello che ho letto in giro il midnigh star 1900 A ha un grave difetto sull'ingranaggio della terza marcia ,e quindi mi sono preoccupato parecchio.pero' pare (e sottolineo pare )che il difetto riguarda per lo piu' il modelli 2006 /2007 /2008, e fortunatamente sono solo alcuni di quelli , mi dicono che la mia essendo un 2014 di stare tranquillo,evidentemente la yamaha ha provveduto gia' da tempo a eliminare il difetto (spero!) ciao Roberto
Si Roberto come ti ha indicato Corsair apparentemente il difetto si circoscrive ai modelli precedenti. Perciò direi controlla il serraggio della puleggia ad ogni tagliando e via per le nostre strade italiane che di panorami ne hanno parecchi da godersi con le nostre "motine" ;)
Ciao Pietro.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome Ioimo, from southwestern PA, in the U.S.of A. Excuse me for my ignorance, is that Italiano? Really cool to see a different language spoken, only wish I could understand. You'll have to post up some pics of you ride when ya get a chance.
hello Peter from what I 've read around the star midnigh A 1900 has a serious fault on the gear of the third gear , and then I got worried parecchio.pero ' Seems ( and I stress Seems ) That the defect Concerns mostly ' the models 2006/2007 / 2008 , and fortunately are only a few of Those , they tell me That my being a 2014 feel comfortable , obviously the Yamaha took steps Already ' a long time to eliminate the problem (I hope ! )

I love this forum and its people forever yamaha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yess Sonyshek, that is italian indeed... I didn't want to be inappropriate by answering to Roberto in italian, but I thought it may be easier for him ;) hope you guys do not mind this :)
And...please forgive me if my english is not that good, but after all I'm Italian as well so.... :grin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ciao Pietro scusa la mia ignoranza ma la puleggia in questione qual è? io i tagliandi me li faccio da me la mia ha appena 7500 km. e' un lavoro che posso fare da solo senza ricorrere al meccanico?

for the olttre ocean friends :

hello Peter excuse my ignorance but the pulley in question is what ? I Coupons I make them from me my just 4700 miles . and ' a job that I can do alone without resorting to the mechanic ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
ciao Pietro scusa la mia ignoranza ma la puleggia in questione qual è? io i tagliandi me li faccio da me la mia ha appena 7500 km. e' un lavoro che posso fare da solo senza ricorrere al meccanico?

for the olttre ocean friends :

hello Peter excuse my ignorance but the pulley in question is what ? I Coupons I make them from me my just 4700 miles . and ' a job that I can do alone without resorting to the mechanic ?
La puleggia è quella sul motore, non quella sulla ruota, non so la 1900 perché io ho la piccolina 950 ma se è come la mia a cinghia dovresti avere un dado centrale... Procurati una dinamometrica e segui le coppie di serraggio del manuale di officina, senza ricorrere al meccanico visto che ti fai i tagliandi non penso ne avrai bisogno ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok la dinamometrica c e l'ho, se ho capito e' quella collegata a cinghia in gomma di trasmissione lato sinistro moto puleggia anteriore ,quella che rimane nascosta dal karter giusto?

ok the torque c and I , if I understand you and ' connected to the strap in the left side of motorcycle front pulley transmission rubber, one that remains hidden from the right karter ?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Non parlo o scrivo italiano ma Google Translate è grande. Sto lavorando con alcune persone che sono arrivati ??in Italia il Lunedi e un solo parla inglese. E 'interessante per non dire altro.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts