Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got the rear fender solo rack and installed it, I noticed some protective tape on the rear fender. Can I safely remove the tape even though I plan to occasionally re-install passenger seat as needed?

Not sure what to do here... any suggestions?

Thanks... man I love this scooter!
-Rick

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can use a heat gun to remove the tape set at a low heat. I didn't remove mine though on this bike, but I have on my HD Softail. The only reason I removed it on the Softail was because it was scuffed. The tape on my Roadliner is perfect and I would hate to scratch the black fender. It's barely noticeable.
Have Fun.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can use a heat gun to remove the tape set at a low heat. I didn't remove mine though on this bike, but I have on my HD Softail. The only reason I removed it on the Softail was because it was scuffed. The tape on my Roadliner is perfect and I would hate to scratch the black fender. It's barely noticeable.
Have Fun.
Very cool, thanks for the reply. I will take your advice and leave it there. Thanks again.

-Rick

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I removed my tape and put some felt under my rear seat pads to protect the paint. Have had no issues yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts