Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
haha, awesome! CWO pride! Hopefully I get picked up for Information Warfare Officer in a couple of years! I'm digging those final touches, well played!

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, awesome! CWO pride! Hopefully I get picked up for Information Warfare Officer in a couple of years! I'm digging those final touches, well played!

Good luck with the selection board:)

I can still remember the phone call in the mess hall in Keflavik when my skipper called to let me know I'd been picked up. He was a good guy. Hand wrote his entire endorsement on my application.

And thanks for your service;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Good luck with the selection board:)

I can still remember the phone call in the mess hall in Keflavik when my skipper called to let me know I'd been picked up. He was a good guy. Hand wrote his entire endorsement on my application.

And thanks for your service;)
I could only imagine getting the phone call. And a hand written endorsement is pretty awesome! No worries on the whole service thing, just trying to due right for my wife and kid. I'm just glad to see people retire and being able to enjoy it! Ride safe and I'll see you around. If you aever end up in San Diego and have the itch to see a boat again, I'm on a cruiser guided, hit me up i'll be happy to give you a tour!

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Nice addition to the pully cover Springer.
The bike before the strat (Warrior) had a butt-ugly front pulley cover so I had to do a little DIY project which involved machining a black ABS ring to hold a 5" spot mirror in place:

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bike before the strat (Warrior) had a butt-ugly front pulley cover so I had to do a little DIY project which involved machining a black ABS ring to hold a 5" spot mirror in place:
Very nice work, Wart! Must be nice to be talented:(

Makes me wonder what the bike would look like with baby moon hubcaps?:)

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Thanks Springer!
The ABS was just a 1/4" thick sheet laying around my clutter collection and the spot mirror set me back about $8.00.

It turned out better than I had hoped, far better than the first prototype:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Thanks Springer!
The ABS was just a 5/16" thick sheet laying around my clutter collection and the spot mirror set me back about $7.00.

It turned out better than I had hoped, far better than the first prototype:
You are more than just a pretty face arn't you (excuse aussie expressions as it is a compliment) Do you have machining gear to do you work?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts