Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XVS650 Custom Liquid Silver
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. First post here, but about 48 hours ago picked up my new beauty of a commuter bike. This is my first cruiser experience, so just had a question. Ive seen exhaust baffle gut mods done on YouTube to a 2010 model (guy used a 2" bore saw and a really long screwdriver to get it out). Was wondering if this would cause any damage to the exhaust, or if it was safe to do.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,479 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Answered your question on your other thread. Here's a few intesting threads to check out when you get a chance:

Go to last page for current hunt

Ride often and safe.

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,750 Posts
Hello @Stmrjhn and welcome from Virginia. Any mod done with a hole saw or drill will damage the pipe. But is that a problem in this case? Probably not though it may lead to faster corrosion inside. Then again is that an issue with a bike of this age? Maybe not there either as all exhaust systems need update from time to time due to corrosion. I am about to replace my full exhaust on a 2014 Rocket II due to excess corrosion. It is a performance upgrade too but I would not have done this if not for need.

Reactions: Stmrjhn

·
Super Moderator
3,353 Posts
Welcome from Sacramento, Ca.

Reactions: Stmrjhn
1 - 6 of 6 Posts