Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a slip-on pipe make any difference in performance, as opposed to a full exhaust? I didn't notice alot of difference on my Bolt, it was just louder.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It was definitely noticeable on my 1300. I would say yes. But at the time I put mine on I had a rear cylinder issue that was also corrected at the same time. I do it helps though.

Bill

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, been wondering. The cobra sounds good from the clips on Youtube. Wasn't really wanting super loud, my old roadstar had vance and hines pipes on it. Sounded good but man it was super loud.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mostly looks and sound...maybe a little with a reduced back pressure, but usually not much. Need to add a high flow air filter with the pipes to see a better performance gain.

·
Registered
434 Posts
According to the dyno charts I saw for the 950 ecu reflash a slip on gave better overall performance gains than a true dual system. Those chart included a good hi-flo air intake, exhaust upgrade and of course the reflash. I installed a cobra slip-on, big air kit and fuel controller and saw a dramatic increase in performance.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,787 Posts
Did the same on my 950t, the cobra slip on sounded much better, however after the open air filter and cobra fuel processor and adjustments made, a significant increase in performance. Was able to start keeping up with some of the bigger 'dogs'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did mine in stages , i fitted the cobra slip on to my 1300 first and i was happy with the gains just from that , i then added the cobra powerflo air filter kit and i was most impressed with the bhp gains all round , there was some popping and bangs from the slip on exhaust so then added the cobra fi2000r 02 and it spot on now bang for buck i would say the air filter kit was the best mod , i liked the slip on cost wise and was the extra performance worth the extra , i dont think so

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info, yeah my buddy blew my doors off today on his street glide. But he does have 16 more cubic inches. My have to put on a good air filter, fuel processor, and some pipes to keep up with him.
But have only had my bike for 2 weeks, she ain't even broke in yet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Just saw this dyno from S&S. Not to shabby to say the least. Has my wheels spinning lol. Got to send of my credit card payment. Then order some parts LOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts