Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current bike is a 2013 Kawasaki Voyager. It's a heavy bike and I'm strongly considering getting a lighter bike. I really like the 2016 V Star 1300 Deluxe. Went to a dealer yesterday and checked one out but didn't test ride it. I owned a 2009 1300T and liked it. I appreciate any input.

Questions:

1. Can you get a taller windshield? I have some neck pain when I ride so don't want a lot of wind hitting me straight on.

2. Not sure if I'd get a better deal changing bikes now or wait till the 2017s come out near end of year. What do ya'll think?

3. Does the V Star 1300 Deluxe have ABS brakes? I've never owned a bike with ABS brakes so doubt it would really matter but I've heard it's a good safety feature.

4. Is the stereo pretty good? Sound quality, volume, etc.?

·
Super Moderator
6,740 Posts
No abs on the 1300 deluxe according to cycle world, your bike reportedly weighs in a 748lbs wet where the 1300 deluxe reportedly weighs in at 668lbs wet.
I ride the 1300's little brother, a 950t and love it. The 1300 deluxe does come with built in gps as standard equipment. I suggest go take a test ride, and ride it like you ride your voyager, just my opinion though. Please keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts