Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
on the intake boots just under the carbs is for twin vacuum gauges to synch the carbs

There should be a hose from the air intake box above the carbs going to the rear cylinder to breath the crankcase oil fumes. That should not be capped.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the intake boots just under the carbs is for twin vacuum gauges to synch the carbs

There should be a hose from the air intake box above the carbs going to the rear cylinder to breath the crankcase oil fumes. That should not be capped.
Lol the crankcase hose goes from the airbox to the front cylinder actually.

But what I was talking about is the actual capped hose that's connected to the air-intake housing. Not the airbox. see diagram below, part #28

Attachments

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
that jpg is the size of a postage stamp on my laptop

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lmao okay then just picture it with me. The air intake housing, not the airbox, has a hose at the bottom of it that is capped off.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,074 Posts
Engine blow by vapers are designed to be sucked into the airstream and burned in the combustion chamber some on the oil will collect in the Intake box. The tube is used to drain the oil condensation. At times when you take your air filter out there will be a small amount of oil in there. The oil will accumulate quicker when you over fill your crankcase.
KCW, here's the picture he was trying to post.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,074 Posts
Shawn, To post larger pictures I use imgbb
https://imgbb.com
Just open, sign in, start upload, choose picture, upload, copy full bb code linked. Paste in thread. There is not a limit size restriction. Try it and let me know how it works for you.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
i dont think a 650 has one
it swallows its own puke...

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
BTW, "Quick easy question" thread title makes me LOL now :^)

PAGE 2

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lmao I thought it would be a quick easy question but alas, now I know how to post larger pictures lol. Thanks guys. I never thought about emptying it before. I'm sure it's probably full at this point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts