Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, kind of an odd request. Most guys want to make them louder. I find even in stock form once I have the bike over 40mph the exhaust is kind of noisy for my taste. Is there an reasonably inexpensive way to quiet them down a bit. I looked into universal baffles but I am not sure how they will work for needs and also what ones will work for the stock exhaust. So basically I am looking for some advice on the best way address to this issue at minimal cost.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

·
Registered
160 Posts
You might try wrapping them

I'm not sure about the 250, but if you can remove the stock baffles you could try wrapping them in fiberglass. You can pick up the automotive wrapping for $10 at your local hardware store. Just make sure after you wrap the baffles that you secure it from coming out the end.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure about the 250, but if you can remove the stock baffles you could try wrapping them in fiberglass. You can pick up the automotive wrapping for $10 at your local hardware store. Just make sure after you wrap the baffles that you secure it from coming out the end.
I did a little poking around and it does not seem that they are easily removable and reinstallible, although if someone is experienced with messing with and modding motorcycle exhausts it might be easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts