Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think, because we have a diverse background of people on here. This could be a fun thing to do and one that could keep going.

What made me thing of starting this is this quote A friend of mine just sent me this in a text ...
Desperation, my favorite quality in women and jobs.
Please post ones you like.

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Albert said this referring to our theories and understanding of the nature of the universe

but it also applies to engineering and system design

and I use it as my basis for how a motorcycle should be designed and assembled:

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. -Albert Einstein

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A couple by my favorite founding father ..... BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.

What ever is begun in anger, ends in shame.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, But it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
General George S. Patton may have had a "colorful" image to say the least. However, he has had some great quotes that have made an influence in my life.

The time to take counsel of your fears is before you make an important battle decison. That's the time to listen to every fear you can imagine! When you have collected all the facts and fears and made your decision, turn off all fears and go ahead!
Better to fight for something than live for nothing.
Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
If a man does his best, what else is there?

·
Registered
360 Posts
"Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaut on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham!, you just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man.""

·
Registered
360 Posts
"I wouldn't be surprised if someday some fishermen caught a big shark and cut it open, and there inside was a whole person. Then they cut the person open, and in him is a little baby shark. And in the baby shark there isn't a person, because it would be too small. But there's a little doll or something, like a Johnny Combat little toy guy - something like that."

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
These three are by Hunter S. Thompson ...

By any accepted standard, I have had more than nine lives. I counted them up once, and there were 13 times I almost and maybe should have died.

Truth is weird than any fiction I've seen.

Objective journalism is one of the main reasons that American politics has been allowed to be so corrupt for so long.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts