Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was hoping to go but i'm just not sure yet.

It's not helping i'm not comfortable with my front tire's condition.
It was supposed to be replaced this weekend but it's looking like they aren't going to get it in........

·
Registered
160 Posts
no, but...

I went two years ago. Austin is a cool town. Biggest problem was that it rained big time on the way there Thursday. All of the camping area was a big mud hole.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It seems like if you are having an outdoor gathering in Austin, June would not be the best time. I LOVE living in central Texas, but this would be better in April...or October.

Anyway, am going to beg, borrow, or steal time off work NEXT year to attend. Just can't swing it this year (new job) :-(.

·
Administrator
13,674 Posts
I went two years ago. Austin is a cool town. Biggest problem was that it rained big time. All of the camping area was a big mud hole.
you must be thinking of a different year. i've gone the past 2 years and it didn't rain.

seeing as how i live here, hell yeah i'm going. ROT has actually commissioned me to film this year's and next year's rally. if you go to their website, that's my video on the home page i made of last year's rally. if anyone is going out there, hit me up. send me a PM or something. i'll be there thursday evening and all day friday and saturday.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well MC will need to work but I may head over with the kids on Saturday. I've never been and it sure looks like fun.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think she thinks that people ride up on their motorcycles, park, and then start doing arts and crafts to promote world peace. She's new, I will fill her in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been informed by MC that he disapproves of my plan to slap a ZZ Top-style beard on the baby and push him in a running stroller with a headlight on it (billing it as a new type of trike). Sheesh. No sense of adventure these days.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I will be there. Come by and say "howdy". I will be set up in the TnT Renegade Lights vending tent at the bottom of the big parking lot beside the Paradise Bar.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just got home from Austin with the wife today, sadly enough I will not be able to make it there next weekend. Get some good video for me!!!

·
Administrator
13,674 Posts
ROT RALLY RECAP

well ROT is officially over now. it was my 3rd and definitely the best so far. between myself and my buddy we recorded some 25GB of photos and video. i'll uplate a few at a time in here.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd rocked. been a fan of his since we were both teenagers. did a 15 minute or so rendition of Voodoo Chile. and i was front and center for his concert on opening night.
20 Shades is a pretty new band but they show a lot of promise. comparable to Van Halen.
Shooter Jennings was amazing. he really knows how to connect with a crowd.

Ted Nugent. the Nuge. was lucky to get front and center for this one as he was the headliner for the ROT rally. he is well deserving of his monker Motor City Madman. the man claimed he just had knee surgery last week and is 63 years old but rocked like someone half his age. his band performs at a level 11 and they didn't take a break or pause until about 3 or 4 songs in. in between songs "Uncle Ted" as he referred to himself goes on hilarious and crowd pumping rants on America and freedom and such while performing sick guitar licks. he truly looks insane when he's doing guitar riffs during songs as sometimes his eyes roll to the back of his head or he just starts staring off into space with a goofy/sinister grin. ended his show by planting a big American flag on a 20 foot pole in the middle of the stage.

Jesse James was disappointing. not much was expected of him since he's not really a performer. so when the bar is set pretty low, it seems like it should be easy to deliver. his duties were to be the guest judge for the best in show bike. with a couple thousand people waiting on him, they announced his entrance about 5 different times before he finally meandered out with his Discovery Channel crew because he's filming for his show. there were about a dozen bikes for him to judge and it seemed like he didn't even look at some of them. as builders/owners we were told to stand by our bike so we could be identified. he only acknowledged or greeted maybe 4 of us and the rest he pretty much ignored. just a simple eye contact, or a couple seconds to look at each person and their bike would have been plenty but he couldn't even muster that and then he left the area to announce the winner.

then he was supposed to do a couple hours of 'meet and greet' where fans lined up to get an autograph and picture and he was an hour late for that. i had numerous people come up to me during the day to 'colorfully' express their displeasure of him for these things.

well that's enough for now. i'll post more details and photos and stuff over the next several days. anyone else that was there feel free to do the same

·
Registered
149 Posts
Bucket List Material

I was just about to take this off my bucket list . . . UNTIL you added the bit about midget wrestling. :D
Now if it would only break out into a spirited round of midget TOSSING . . .:eek:

And I’m never lookin’ back
I’ve seen all I need to see
I don’t want no more of that
Livin’ in the past
I’m never lookin’ back, no

·
Administrator
13,674 Posts
got some photos processed from the rally. these are all from before the big bike parade started. bikes started lining up at around 6:30pm and the parade didn't start until almost 8pm. so there was a bit of waiting here. we were pretty close to the middle and you can't see the beginning or the end. but it's a great opportunity to congregate with other bikers while we wait. it holds the world record of largest motorcycle parade. i call this selection...WAITING.

·
Administrator
13,674 Posts
these are shots of the winners of the ride in bike show. anyone can enter and there are several classes, including whatever it is the guy at the end won. though that didn't quite qualify for the winners circle for judging by Jesse James.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts