Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a similar thread over on the M109 forum.

I'm looking to replace my 2012 Vulcan 900 Custom, and am planing to test ride a 2012 M109R (used), and a 2012 Raider 1900 (new) this coming Wednesday.

I'm interested in hearing advice, and opinions, on which would be the better purchase.

Honestly, I like the looks of the Raider a little better than the M109.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think I would go with the Raider. I think it may hold up better.Nothing to base my opinion on just my hunch.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was cross shopping the M109R before getting our V Star 950 (I know, not even same league). I am a HUGE fan of the M109R and it has a HUGE aftermarket support.

That being said, I didn't know about the Raider at that time. After seeing a local guy with a modified Raider, that he has also put a 240 rear tire on, I think I would go with the new Raider, for me. Don't get me wrong, I don't think you can really go wrong with either bike and the M109R has a good reputation for running well for many miles, just watch out for 2nd gear issues with the tranny.

But after sitting on a Raider just a couple days ago and having also ridden a M109R, I think the seating position, controls, bars, etc are more of that perfect fit for me, even though I did like the M109R, too.

Good luck with your decision. Just have to decide which style you like better and don't look back!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plan to test ride the Raider 1900 this week.
If it rides as good as it feels, and looks, I'll likely be making a purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts