Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my name is Rick and I am new here but not new to scooters, as I've been riding since I was 19 years old, and guys... I am not 19 anymore!

I recently traded (over the holidays) my 2005 1300-R Honda VTX for a new 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. My VTX was an amazing bike and I put over 45,000 miles on it, never had an issue with it. Likewise I am loving the Roadliner and its tremendous torque... wow!

Anyway, enough about me. I have heard that a 21" front raider wheel with its rotors would be a direct swap onto my Roadliner and its calipers. Before I begin purchasing parts I would like to know if anyone here can shed some info on that. I totally understand that the front fender will have to be replaced, and I am planning on a custom job for that.

So please, if you have any info on the matter by all means let me hear it. Thank you all for your help!

-Rick

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Do a search, somebody on here did it. Pretty sure the guy was from Florida. Not that that will help your search, but at my age you tend to boast when you can remember anything. :eek:

·
Registered
672 Posts
A member named norman did it. His pics are on the first page of the big pics thread up top.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, that looks awesome! I would go chrome cause mine is an S model but in my opinion these cruisers look amazing with a 21" front wheel. Thank you all for your replies.

-Rick

·
Registered
451 Posts
Wonder how much that mod would cost though,it definitely does look really nice. Not a fan of the exhaust though looks wise or the floorboard/passeger per removal and rear brake relocation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts