Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
This noise really made me crazy and just wanted to share my resolution.
I deleted the signals front and back and changed tail and headlight to make the signals integral. Looks awesome..... Had this weird chirping noise. To hear it look up Yamaha Raider stator noise.
It is because of the load loss, so I added a 25w 6.8Ohm resister. They only cost $16 for 4 of them, I have 3 more if someone lives close(Ontario CANADA).
I posted a pic using my battery tender lead to verify the noise was gone.

·
Registered
2014 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe /65 tooth rear pulley mod everything else all stock.
4 Posts
I have the cursed “stator whine/growl” a high pitched whine, cutting in around 2300 rpm.
Would really like to try adding one of these resistors but don’t know anything electrical / where to add this or even hook up like Atwood did here to do a test.
Any help would be greatly appreciated…..
This noise is driving me insane😵‍💫 !!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 107540 View attachment 107541 Hey all, This noise really made me crazy and just wanted to share my resolution. I deleted the signals front and back and changed tail and headlight to make the signals integral. Looks awesome..... Had this weird chirping noise. To hear it look up Yamaha Raider stator noise. It is because of the load loss, so I added a 25w 6.8Ohm resister. They only cost $16 for 4 of them, I have 3 more if someone lives close(Ontario CANADA). I posted a pic using my battery tender lead to verify the noise was gone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 107540 View attachment 107541 Hey all,
This noise really made me crazy and just wanted to share my resolution.
I deleted the signals front and back and changed tail and headlight to make the signals integral. Looks awesome..... Had this weird chirping noise. To hear it look up Yamaha Raider stator noise.
It is because of the load loss, so I added a 25w 6.8Ohm resister. They only cost $16 for 4 of them, I have 3 more if someone lives close(Ontario CANADA).
I posted a pic using my battery tender lead to verify the noise was gone.
Hi, I have the same noise on my stratoliner. Where are you located?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts