Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my riader for 6000 miles and i already need a new rear tire but but ever 210 40r 18 tire is on back order does anybody know were i can one Really soon?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went from a 210/40-18 that only lasted me 2700 miles due to the road conditions where I live, to a CT 225/40-18 with no problems I now have 12,000 miles on this tire and will never go with a MT again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 14k on my rear Metzler and most of that was with a rider. I will need new tires before riding season this year. Most of that was before I read the bulletin about additional pressure in the rear tire. It recommended 10lbs more pressure I believe. Bike handles like no other bike I have ridden.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this is a very old thread but this is for anybody that checks here that doesn't already know.

Most Raider riders are running 240s. Most opinions say the Avon Cobra handles the best. I run the Dunlop E3 and IMO it's the most tire for the money mainly because it's $50-$80 cheaper :D.

Some do like the Metz 240 but IMO it's comparable in price to an Avon and I would have to try an Avon. In my experience my 240 E3 lasted longer than the 240 880 Metz, and I liked the E3 handling better too.

As of lately there are a growing number going to an Avon 250 on the stock rim. It's supposed to fit w/o any problems but if you have the quick release Yami back rest then you need to grind down the fender bolts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rear Tire

Well I posted about this time last year asking about the Metz 240 rear tire. After a summer of riding Only about 3500 miles this summer on the new 240 and very very pleased with the results. I purchased my tires online and got the 240 for about $40 less than the 210 would have cost. I think I paid $192 for the 240 rear tire. But handling performance and tread wear are very good so far. Same as my last post 85% of my riding is with a rider. Passenger weight totals around 400lbs with the driver being most of that 400 the tread wear is excellent. Still enjoying this Raider, a great looking bike with a ground thumping engine to boot. If you would like to see the bike and the load go to (http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/IndyRaider)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went from a 210/40-18 that only lasted me 2700 miles due to the road conditions where I live, to a CT 225/40-18 with no problems I now have 12,000 miles on this tire and will never go with a MT again.
do you have a close up pic of the rear ct ? would love to see one , i was thinking of changing to a ct also

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a 240/40-18 in stock makes the Raider look a ton better and fits perfect let me know if you want it...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Raider113 try motorcycle super store.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Well I Like the 240, My trouble is I have a rider about 80% of the time. The wear on the tire isnt what I hoped for, at least with the Metzler. I will always have the 240 On the back... Looks great and handles no different than than the 210. Then again I think this time I am going to replace only the back and leave the front because it just doesnt appear to have much wear on the tire last time I changed out or this time
:cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Went from the 210 to the 240. I think the bike should have come with a 240. You will be very pleased with the 240. I like the Avon front and back.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok I hope you guys can comment on this...
I can get the Mets 888 240 rear with the120 front installed for $550

Or the Avon cobra 240 rear, 120 front for $530

I always ran the metzlers and I'm cool with them but I am hoping to have longer life than 5800 miles also riding in the rain and hitting curves are important to me...

Thoughts? Opinion?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes I agree on the 880 but the new 888 are supposed to last another 25% longer... the review are petty impressive but I really don't know the Avons

1 - 20 of 28 Posts