Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
The Car Tire did lower my MPG by 1 as far as I can tell. As far as handling it is interesting but not bad. I can still lean the bike but it takes a little more handle bar input to keep it over in a long curve, and when you are ready to stand it back up it comes up a LOT easier. If there are deep ruts in the road from a lot of big trucks the back will move you into them before the front. Again just a different feel. Took me about 3 miles to get used to it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought the Met me888 front and rear. I got the 240 rear though... so far at 40 miles, Im pretty happy. The me888 are supposed to last due to the new design and materials they used. From what I read, they are great in the rain too. We will see. Pictures coming soon.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I bought the Met me888 front and rear. I got the 240 rear though... so far at 40 miles, Im pretty happy. The me888 are supposed to last due to the new design and materials they used. From what I read, they are great in the rain too. We will see. Pictures coming soon.
Necro old post. It has been a year, how was the wear and handling?

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's wearing nice. Handles like a dream and I like the tires better than the original ones that come with the bike. My buddy bought a raider that the seller just installed the same factory tires and my buddy wants to get the same as I got. They handle great in the rain too.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
It's wearing nice. Handles like a dream and I like the tires better than the original ones that come with the bike. My buddy bought a raider that the seller just installed the same factory tires and my buddy wants to get the same as I got. They handle great in the rain too.
How many miles on the tire so far?

·
Registered
360 Posts
The guy I bought my bike from was riding around on bald tires (moron) so that was my first order of business. I replaced them with OEM Metzlers. They are fine. No issues.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have not rode my bike much this year but I put on about 1000 miles on the new tires. Nothing wrong with the OEM tires but the new Metz are supposed to last longer and they are pretty sweet. For my driving, they feel better than the OEM.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts