Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2010 Raider and looking for a windshield.....or even just a mounting bracket.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Look at what Memphis shades has.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look at what Memphis shades has.
I was planning on checking them up but, since I'm new to this bike, I was hoping to get something used cheaper so I can try and see what exactly do I need (how tall, how wide...).

Went through the same process with my Goldwing and it cost me a pretty penny till I found a windshield I liked.

·
Registered
360 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are so many options online, it's confusing... I was hoping for an used one to try "on a cheap"...but it looks like I'll have to call National Cycle and talk to them to figure it out and pay a full price...

The main issue is that (for most) you have to buy the mounting kit separately from the screen. And the kit you buy will limit which screen you can get (and vice-versa). And godforbid you buy a wrong shield for a wrong mounting kit....darn!...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a National Cycle Switchblade Chopped on my Raider. I'm 6'2" and the top of the shield comes up to about my chin. Not perfect but it takes the blast off the chest and looks good on that bike. I wear a half helmet and get a little bit of turbulence around the head but I don't notice it much anymore. Shield and hardware were about $300. Solid shield.

http://www.nationalcycle.com/vehicles/motorcycle-1/yamaha/yamahaxv1900craidersscl/2010yamahaxv1900craidersscl/n21437.html
I'm similar height as you (6'3"). Based on your experience with your windshield, do you think I would benefit from a bit higher (bigger) windshield from the same manufacturer?

I want to get the wind off of my chest but I certainly wouldn't want to direct any wind buffeting towards my head...

Thank you for your time...

p.s. Do you have a photo of your bike with the windshield?...

·
Registered
360 Posts
NC windshield mounts are universal unless you go with a different style ws.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts