Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I started some threads on riding gear and forgot a major category, rain gear. We all get stuck in the rain from time to time, how do you handle it, rain gear or not? I use rain gear when ever it's wet. After going through many cost effective (cheap) rain gear I finally bought some quality items a few years ago. Olympus makes quality rain gear that works very well. It seals good to keep me dry and they breath pretty good. On the inside of legs is a heat resistant material to keep exhaust from burning pants. I've ruined many rain pants this way. The lower legs also have a velcro adjustment so pant legs don't flap in the wind and you can put on over boots. I wear Tourmaster rain boot covers to keep feet dry. Weather proof boots are great in winter but get hot in summer so I use the boot covers. For gloves, rain hurts hitting hands, I've got a pair of thick rubber gloves that are actually chemical resistant type gloves I think I got at harbour freight. Got them oversized to wear over regular riding gloves, hate having to dry out wet gloves. I have used this setup for several years and works great for me. I store my rain gear on my saddlebags. Don't forget to dry out rain gear before putting up, will get moldy and sticky. What's your rain gear like and what do you like or dislike about it?

·
Registered
956 Posts
I live in a town that got its start working the water. So as far as rain gloves, I've thought about buying/using the same gloves the watermen do. If I get a chance today AND I remember. I will take a picture of the gloves.
Other rain gear...
I purchased a new rain suit. Kept me dry, but got a hole burnt in it because of my exhaust. (Company replaced it, free of charge.) I have since decided to an archery arm band around my calf to keep the excess from touching the pant leg. It works.
Boots ... bought leather motorcycle boot that say they are resistant. I applied 'sno seal.' & it seems to have helped.

Ride Smart! Ride Often!

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
harbor freight makes dishwasher gloves? do you also use them to wash your bike?

Only use them in rain and washing the dishes. 😀

1 - 4 of 4 Posts