Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have been thinking about rain gear. But I have reached the conclusion that I don't know anything about rain gear. All I know is if I run into rain I'll want to stay dry. If anyone knows about rain gear, Chime in, because I don't want to go through a big trial and error phase finding out what works and what doesn't.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Rain gear

I see some pretty good gear out there but, I have always just waterproofed my regular leather. You can only cary so much on a bike when you travel. If you are on the highway and it starts to rain, odds are you will be wet before you get stopped anyway.

Dave

·
Registered
821 Posts
I carry a low cost rain suit I got at walmart in my saddle bag. But so far I've never stopped to put it on.;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Never been caught in the rain yet, so no first-hand experience, but a friend recommends a packable HD rain suit as bombproof in wet weather. I bought on her recommendation, and it
Pols like quality gear. I like the reflective fabric and taped seams. Pricy though, about $100 new.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've always kept a set of frogg toggs in the saddlebag,even though I rarely break them out, it has come in handy.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The wife and I just purchased some textile riding gear. Coats and pants with zip out liners.They were advertised as water poof. I call bs on that because the 1st time I used them in the rain I got wet.They are much warmer than leather but I wanted best of both worlds. They weren't cheap but they weren't the most expensive.So I don't know if the higher priced ones would be water proof.We had frogg toggs but you still get wet around the neck.legs and wrists.It wicks right up your arm and legs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts