Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a small city in northern California and I was out walking my dog today in light showers. I came upon a 2018 -19 Harley 1200 Sportster up right on the side walk with the owner standing near-by. The owner stated he had been leaving the intersection, hit an oil patch, the bike went down started sliding, missed a fire hydrant and a telephone pole and ended up in a large hedge. He unfortunately hit the telephone pole, but walked away unscathed. He told me he had just bought the Harley and gotten his learners permit. We parted ways after talking a bit and he shook my hand as I left.

My two take – a ways. 1. Even though it has rained a great deal recently oil can still be on the road. 2. I’m an old guy and he was a young man but we could communicate through the language/love of motorcycles, Cool!

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
The MSF beginners course is about $275, three days. You get your license on the 3rd day, and 10% off your insurance forever.

After I took the course and bought my first street bike, the first day I rode it to work the things I learned in the course saved me from dropping my bike twice, and saved me from hitting a garbage truck that was stopped in a blind curve in the road, picking up a Herby Curby.

People think if you can ride a bicycle you can ride a motorcycle... no.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts