Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 V Star 950, 2013 Suzuki S40
145 Posts
I had a custom seat made for mine, as I am 6'-4" and the seat was way too low. I sent the stock seat to Russell Cycle Products, and they modified it for me to sit a few inches higher and further back. They also raised the passenger seat, essentially creating a backrest for the rider. I am super happy with it.

·
Registered
2015 V Star 950, 2013 Suzuki S40
145 Posts
Besides increasing the height, they also made the seat much more comfortable, as the stock seat was completely unbearable after 30 minutes, and much better shape, where I sit further back, and don't slide back into the middle when hitting any kind of bump. The stock seat must have been designed by evil, sadistic masochists.

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha Vstar 1100 Custom
91 Posts
I had a custom seat made for mine, as I am 6'-4" and the seat was way too low. I sent the stock seat to Russell Cycle Products, and they modified it for me to sit a few inches higher and further back. They also raised the passenger seat, essentially creating a backrest for the rider. I am super happy with it.

---------------
Not my style, but that looks extremely well done and tasteful. comfy also!
I'm 6'4" and the previous owner cut my current bike up to bob it out. I've been playing around with ideas to make it comfy and a bit higher up again but im starting to like it....
--------------

Want to raise the height
----------------
This will help you get a couple inches for cheap, this stuff is extremely hardy. Just grind down the edges when you cut them because they will cut you. You can put one across the back of the seat, perpendicular to the bike frame, and then another smaller one in the front. This is 1 inch. you may get away with 2 inch, I wouldnt stack them unless you make a support plate to keep them from shifting. probably no more than two. When you tighten them down (no welding needed) they will bend and form around the bike bars. I suggest painting them black because its kind of ugly. The holes are perfectly spaced to fit in the two holes across from each other in the frame under the back of the seat. Use good, thick-ish washers. 75 Ft lbs should be sufficent. I used M8 screws. the proper thickness is 5/16 but i kept it metric since the rest of the bike is metric.
----------------

Rectangle Font Automotive exterior Auto part Tool

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Besides increasing the height, they also made the seat much more comfortable, as the stock seat was completely unbearable after 30 minutes, and much better shape, where I sit further back, and don't slide back into the middle when hitting any kind of bump. The stock seat must have been designed by evil, sadistic masochists.
Sadistic Masochist is something of an oxymoron. I can't even think about how that might work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts