Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,765 Posts
Just glad nothing else happened to you, that re-tread would have scared me as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
Fortunately it was lying flat on the road. I had a car in front of me kick one up in the air and it hit the front of my car breaking a plastic cover off the bumper and putting black rubber marks on the windshield. It would have put a biker down. You are very lucky. Glad you're OK. :grin:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Good thing you just went with it as appose to reacting and doing something stupid. Always gonna be alert. Glad no harm was done.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i usually see a lot of road alligators when it gets really hot and they do bite sometimes. when you see a piece go slower because the rest of it lies ahead waiting for you. their the biggest reason i hate the highway at night. never crowd a truck because it can block your view of those giving you no time to react.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There were pieces of it at the start of the video and that would have put me on alert to watch out for the bigger chunks. It looks like you aimed right for it. Also the guy in the white car had his turn signal on in plenty of time and you just kept pulling up on him. I think you are the one needing a driving refresher course before you hurt yourself or someone else. It is alll in the video so don't blame me for pointing out the facts that you videoed.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
There were pieces of it at the start of the video and that would have put me on alert to watch out for the bigger chunks. It looks like you aimed right for it. Also the guy in the white car had his turn signal on in plenty of time and you just kept pulling up on him. I think you are the one needing a driving refresher course before you hurt yourself or someone else. It is alll in the video so don't blame me for pointing out the facts that you videoed.
some people drive or ride like braking is a sin, when someone encroaches me i usually find braking and letting them in is safer than powering out. you can always get by them later which is what usually happens anyway

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did see the other parts of the tire, but as any rider knows things happen very quickly at 70mph, I was more concerned with pulling into traffic.

As for the blinker car, please note that I film with a GoPro which uses a fish eye lens, this makes vehicles look like they are much further away then they are. I was right on her 5 0"clock when she put on the blinker and just moved without looking in her mirrors.

Do you make it a habit to put on your blinker and move without looking?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts