Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride later today after some final carb adjustments and noticed they brined the roads.
I looked at weather reports and seems we will be getting 1 to 3 inches of snow beginning Saturday evening.
I am really getting tired of this.
End rant.
Anyone else?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea , I got tired of snow 40 years ago, so when I transferred to Florida in the Navy in 1980 , I stayed !!!!! I never went back to K.C.Mo., but I still love the Chiefs...
Lol. I left California years ago to come here.
The positives outweighs the negatives compared to Cali.
One of the negatives are cabin fever!

·
Registered
426 Posts
If you have read my posts in here you will understand just how much I hate snow, so when I say this you have to really understand that point ....I lived in California in the 70's and the way California is now , I would move to snow to leave there.....But I got lucky and found this place .....so here I stay , no snow ( twice in 40 years for a day or two), no brine on the roads, riding 12 months out of the year.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,948 Posts
I hate it too, but I have to deal with it.You can't escape it in Canada and if I moved to a warm state these days I'd probably be deported. ;)
Just hit the lottery and become a snow bird. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have read my posts in here you will understand just how much I hate snow, so when I say this you have to really understand that point ....I lived in California in the 70's and the way California is now , I would move to snow to leave there.....But I got lucky and found this place .....so here I stay , no snow ( twice in 40 years for a day or two), no brine on the roads, riding 12 months out of the year.
I like the riding 12 months out of the year!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey , for all of you expecting snow tonight........go and grab a case of beer.......now go outside and scatter them all over your driveway.......then in the morning instead of just shoveling the driveway, you now have a treasure hunt for ice cold beer, it will seem like a lot less work and a fun day clearing the driveway.....a big plus, I bet the neighbors would come over and help with the hunt...... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh , I will be out riding while you do the treasure hunt

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey , for all of you expecting snow tonight........go and grab a case of beer.......now go outside and scatter them all over your driveway.......then in the morning instead of just shoveling the driveway, you now have a treasure hunt for ice cold beer, it will seem like a lot less work and a fun day clearing the driveway.....a big plus, I bet the neighbors would come over and help with the hunt...... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

They would freeze and blow up!
Then you would have beer snow!
Ours is not coming until Saturday evening or night and supposed to be 37 in the early afternoon so I might be able to go for a jaunt around town.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,948 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
They would freeze and blow up!
Then you would have beer snow!
Ours is not coming until Saturday evening or night and supposed to be 37 in the early afternoon so I might be able to go for a jaunt around town.
If i was talking from experience it has to be close to zero to blow up beer. In the 20s when you open it, it transforms into a Miller slushy. Around freezing it is perfection if i was taking it from experience.
And of course i am really tired of salty roads. I will ride in cold not salt.

·
2,742 Posts
I remember as a kid drinking beer around a bonfire in the winter. On some nights it would start to slush up if you drank it too slow. Had a couple freeze enough that I couldn't finish them.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I remember as a kid drinking beer around a bonfire in the winter. On some nights it would start to slush up if you drank it too slow. Had a couple freeze enough that I couldn't finish them.
Years ago we did that except at the beach bon fires. Beer did not freeze though!

·
Registered
476 Posts

Great idea Jspree
That would make some awesome snow cream.

·
Registered
416 Posts
We’ve had a slim snow year but still have had to much for my liking. It’s just the cold weather makes the old joints hurt. And having to look at the bikes just sitting in the garage is a bummer. We might hit the 50 degree mark tomorrow and a slight warmup coming soon. Then comes the rainy season.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We’ve had a slim snow year but still have had to much for my liking. It’s just the cold weather makes the old joints hurt. And having to look at the bikes just sitting in the garage is a bummer. We might hit the 50 degree mark tomorrow and a slight warmup coming soon. Then comes the rainy season.
I am hoping we are not going to get rain this year. We took a beating with snow. Last year was not a lot of snow but a lot of rain.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts