Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the process of relocating my rear brake reservoir and would like a bit of advice. I’m thinking of relocating it around my tool area because I removed my AIS, the issue that I’m running into is what kind of tubing should I use? I’ve been looking for braided an-6. Which I believe is a 3/8 tubing for which I think is a 3/8 tubing for 2011 VStar 1100 classic.
What is it what I’m hesitant about, does the rear brake line have pressure and if so how much. I’ve seen a few braided lines foWhat is it what I’m hesitant about, does the rear brake line have pressure and if so how much. I’ve seen a few braided lines Read it at 320 psi, will this be enough? Any link would be helpful.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If I'm reading your question correctly, when you're not on the brake pedal, the pressure should be zero. As to how high the pressure goes during braking? I have no idea. I couldn't imagine it exceeds 320 psi but, I'm way outside my wheelhouse on that.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,683 Posts
Most articles state 150 psi as max. Using correct fittings would be your main issue to ensure a safe system.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your wanting to relocate the reservoir. Not the master cylinder? So the only pressure you will be dealing with is static pressure. Any hose that will stand up to brake fluid will work. All its doing is supplying fluid to the master cylinder, not under any type of pressure.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
8,683 Posts
Your wanting to relocate the reservoir. Not the master cylinder? So the only pressure you will be dealing with is static pressure. Any hose that will stand up to brake fluid will work. All its doing is supplying fluid to the master cylinder, not under any type of pressure.

Good catch, I read master cylinder when I read it. You are correct on the reservoir hose not being under pressure.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Good catch, I read master cylinder when I read it. You are correct on the reservoir hose not being under pressure.
Duh. Same here. Resivoir to Master Cylinder <> Master Cylinder to Brake Cylinder. No pressure, gravity feed only.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: lesblank

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Glad I didn't chime in, I am sure I would have had a duh moment also, I was thinking brake lines also.

·
8,683 Posts
Duh. Same here. Resivoir to Master Cylinder <> Master Cylinder to Brake Cylinder. No pressure, gravity feed only.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Glad I didn't chime in, I am sure I would have had a duh moment also, I was thinking brake lines also.
We're all in the same club but @dmdc, at least someone had some comprehension going on today.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in the same situation on my V Star 1300. They managed to hide the reservoir between the frame and fender, below the seat! So, I'm also contemplating a relocation. But what a pain!!!

·
Registered
2008 vstar 1100 classic canadian edition
161 Posts
i assume canadian and USA 2008 vstar 1100 classic bikes are all the same, is the front master cylinder brake line the same length? what would that length be from center eye to center eye

1 - 11 of 11 Posts