Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i have a ? about my rear brake on a 08 venture, my inside pad wears out before the outside does. is this normal? or do i have a issue i need to have looked at. :confused: thanks for any help. prowlerhawk

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Brake pads

Prowlerhawk,

I held off a day to see if anyone with a better answer jumped in. I think though you don't really have a probelm. The brake assembly only has one piston on the front side. The whole thing must be free to move side to side on the two mounting shoulder bolts. As long as the calipers can move on these screws you should be OK. Next time you change the pads or have the wheel off just be sure it is free to move.

Dave

·
Registered
100 Posts
it should

move freely from side to side with the caliper fully shove in and reinstalled. or take it off and the pad out and reinstall and get it to slide back and forth. sounds like it has some build up in the sleeves the bolts ride through. if all good they should wear perty close to same. and or i have seen guys flip the pads around to get some goody off the thicker one. good luck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
take the pads off put back on and slide it back and forth if it feels a little dirty wash it out with the cleaner wear it slides , no oil it should stay dry or it will collect more dirt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts