Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

im looking at different possibilies for my rear fender, I found a cheap classic fender off kijiji( cdn craigslist) , is there any difference in the seat mounts compared to a custom model ?

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
There are some vendors on Ebay that sell fiberglass fenders for these bikes that you can customize as you see fit. They are not cheap.
Rear fenders like this can be more than $150. And you still have to paint and mount them, including drilling all your own holes, Electrical and so on...

I did my sons Honda Rebel 450 with this style and turned out great.
Was a lot of work but it looked like no other rebel 450 on the planet.

jake

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at a used stock fender currently, I can get one fairly cheap and local just needs paint ( which I plan on doing my self ) I just wanna see how the seats line up

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Since the rear metal tab on the classic seat can be unbolted you could always make a new bracket to match what you need and just bolt it back on to fit the different fender.

Or is it Custom Seat on a classic fender ? Same thing goes.
Easy easy fix on a budget.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I will assume we are talking about an 1100? If so....

Yeah...like Nick says, the rear rider seat mount is completely different. So you'd need to get a Classic seat or do some other modifications. Just know that the curve of the fenders is different that can make the Custom seat look a little funny on a Classic fender.

Also, if you plan on using the pillion, the rear mounting hole is in a different location than the Custom.

The fender eyebrows are also different if you plan on using them.

I put a Classic rear on my Custom and ran it for years....

·
Registered
2,181 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
I was talking 650 here. I've got to remember other versions live here.

I assumed it was a 650 classic or custom being reffered.

My Bad.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
sick mick is right, its an 1100, sorry I keep forgetting that as similar as the bikes are they have their differences,

thanks for the link , ill have a look at it

looking from a cost perspective, is it worth while to take this on while trying to stay on a low dollar budget? I still want to be able to take the gf on the back sometimes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts