Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got a 2009 vstar 1300 stage one complete and now just making little adjustments and adornments as I please. I will soon be changing to the 1126 progressive fork springs with 3" spacers but was wondering if it would be a waste to go ahead and do the rear at the same time. I'm currently riding at the factory setting and honestly I corner fine, never feel like I'm floating a bouncing on a waterbed.

But since I'm not too knowledgable about the suspension and what the tweaking would change, I'd appreciate some knowledge from fellow riders. Please and thank you!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hey guys got a 2009 vstar 1300 stage one complete and now just making little adjustments and adornments as I please. I will soon be changing to the 1126 progressive fork springs with 3" spacers but was wondering if it would be a waste to go ahead and do the rear at the same time. I'm currently riding at the factory setting and honestly I corner fine, never feel like I'm floating a bouncing on a waterbed.

But since I'm not too knowledgable about the suspension and what the tweaking would change, I'd appreciate some knowledge from fellow riders. Please and thank you!
the settings might change but i doubt the overall performance would change like the # 3 setting would feel like #4 and #4 would = #5 setting and so on

·
Registered
Roadstar Silverado, 2003 75.000 Mls
95 Posts
I replaced front and rear springs. But the rear only because I ride most of the time with my wife and regular with wife and trailer.
If you are a single rider I don,t think you have any benefit from a rear progressive spring.
Front suspension is a different story

1 - 4 of 4 Posts