Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 v-star 1100 classic.every time me and my wife go over a speed bump the frame hits it.could it have been lowerd by the previous owner and if so how can i tell? if not how can i fix the problem? i got the rear shock set on the highest level it will go 7. i hope someone can help me figure out what to do to keep it from doing it in the future.thanks,wayne :confused:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Gotcha covered Wano. I just got a 2003 1100 custom and when my wife and I were on it I had about and inch of travel before the rear bottomed out. Bad for control big time. I ordered a progressive spring from Pacific Cruiser. IT ROCKS. No bottoming, great control. Tough to put on. I had to use a spring compressor from checker and a big vise on my bench to change springs. Totally worth it.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
The progressive spring will make it stiffer for shore:rolleyes: But if you are hitting high center on a speed bump and not bottoming out the shock, then I think you will steel hit that speed bump:eek: I have crush two rider bells on speed bumps:( I go around them or at a angle at lest. 06 1100 and I am 155lb :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok,thanks.do you have any idea of how i can tell if its been lowerd? ive only had it since mid sept and i dont kno anything about it. you have nice bikes. sounds like there's nothing i can do to solve the problem!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts

# 24 is the parts that most change to lower the bike. there are a lot of company's that make these part's so just looking at them may not tell you much:confused: I don't know if the stock part has a # stamped in it?
I measured my bike and between the floor and the frame at the back side of the kick stand. 5 1/2 in. Again I don't know if that will help much.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
You are welcome.;) Some take item #11 and do what they call a flap-an-grind. Flap the part over and grind some of the casting to clear the shocks major diameter,This will set the bike loooowwwww:eek:
So have a look at that also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts