Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2000 Road Star about 2 months now, rear rotor was grooved when I bought it but had new pads on it, now everything needs replaced. Any idea what years will fit and will any other models fit? Thanks for any insite.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've had my 2000 Road Star about 2 months now, rear rotor was grooved when I bought it but had new pads on it, now everything needs replaced. Any idea what years will fit and will any other models fit? Thanks for any insite.
Something isn't right. New brake pads don't wear out on cruisers in 2 months, especially rear pads, IMHO. Not sure how you can cover enough miles to wear them out that quickly, considering you'd have to be stopping all the time.

When you say "everything needs replaced," what does that even mean? Presumably you mean the pads need replaced, which is unusual enough by itself. If you're saying you also rendered the rotor unusable, then you might want to review your riding technique. As soon as one of the brake components is worn out, I personally stop and replace that before destroying both rotors and pads.

Personally I'm a fan of the EBC sintered pads.

·
Registered
24 Posts
my last brake job lasted me about 8k and thats in city traffic, i would remove the caliper and see if its over extended, you might just be dragging the pad on the rotor the whole time your riding.

as far as years go anything upto 2004 model year should fit just fine, and honestly i dont think they changed the design of them even for the newer models

1 - 5 of 5 Posts