Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear shock and spring on my 2001 V* 1100 is waaaaaayyy over due. What experience does anyone have with the progressive 465. Pro or cons. Great improvement? Good improvement? Or so-so? How about 2 up? Any and all comments will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone changed their rear shock and spring? If so what brand? Pros and construction?

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
^ so Bevo is a Progressive Shock Jock!

that explains a lot of things!

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I have just the progressive rear spring on my stock OEM shock, not the entire Progressive 465 adjustable shock (due to the big difference in $$). Just the spring provides an improvement over OEM and was noticeable to me. From other reports I've read, paying the extra money was worth the improvement noted. So the full shock and spring is on my wish list.

If you just go the spring route, make sure you have someone that can do the spring replacement. Getting the old one off and the new one on is not for amateurs.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
^ ditto on the special spring compression tool. When VW came out with the SuperBeetle in the 1970's, with McPearson struts on the front end, a LOT of do-it-yourself VW owners ended up with broken jaws and worse, thinking you could just unbolt the shock from the compressed spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts