Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 02 V Star 1100 , the rear tire has uneven wear. Half of the tire wears out, the other half is like new. It's there something wrong with my bike?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
On my 02 V Star 1100 , the rear tire has uneven wear. Half of the tire wears out, the other half is like new. It's there something wrong with my bike?
if the middle wore out it's normal if left or right wore out i would say the tire was defective from the factory because the 1100 is shaft drive with no axle adjustment. what brand tire was it.

·
Super Moderator
13,217 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're looking at the tire from behind the bike, it's worn straight thru the belts. Roll the tire a half of a rotation and it has a ton of tread. And, this is the second tire in a row to do this. Also, 2 different shops installed each rear tire.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Rob, Please tell us you didn't ride it until it got that bad. If you did, you are fortunate to be posting on the forum and not in the hospital or worse, the morgue. :(

From your pictures the tire was out-of-round long ago and you should have felt it in your butt. It may have been out-of-round from the very start.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts