Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a post on how to tighten the REAR SIGNAL STALK where attaches to the fender/rear lamp assembly on Strat-S and/or Roadliner? I have a '12 Strat-S and it's clearly an internal rod/bolt setup that one has to access internally under fender once remove rear brake lamp. Mine just started loosening on its own and SO frustrating the design is such that it's a dealer fix internally and dropping rear wheel, vs. just grabbing a 10mm wrench and tightening in 3 seconds an external bolt like on that Wisconsin brand of big cruisers. 馃檪 Anybody else have to get dealer to do, and/or get this covered under orig. or extended YES warranty? Dealer quote over $100 and I don't need other Service, tyres or pads, so a big waste to drop wheel for THIS! 馃槥

Registered
Hey brother. You have a couple options. The easier of the two is to take the rear fender off to remove that light. It's not a difficult job, just a little tedious in the beginning with the wiring. Remove your seats (Rider and pillion) and disconnect all the wiring that runs to the rear fender. There are Arms that attach to the frame just under the rider seat. You can remove those if you're worried about clearance/scratching your rear fender but it is not necessary. The four bolts that hold the fender on are behind the bags, attached to that arm.

Hope that helps, let me know if I can offer anything else.

Registered
I'm dealing with this nightmare right now...all 5 of the bolt heads attaching the housing stripped out so I had to grind them off. I got the stalk tightened with fresh loctite so I got that going for me. Now I gotta extract all these bolts...PB Blaster, don't let me down!

If you can deal with the wiggle, then leave it alone. It's a pain in the ass!

Registered
Grind the heads off the old bolts with a die grinder . for replacement bolts size is M5- .08
Put never seize on the new ones. Just did the job this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts