Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have oem turn signals all around. I replaced the left side bulb and everything was working fine. Then the blinker indicator started acting like a light was out on either side every once in a while. Now the rear signal lights don't work at all, only the front. Any ideas as to what it is?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Yup...a short. 15 minutes with a DVOM should tell you exactly where it is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i went to a friends house yesterday to try and check for the problem and boy did i find it. turns out the cluster f**k of wires for the rear lights was rubbing on the rear tire for a while now. It disintegrated the power and ground wires and we fixed it with some soldering for now. might have to add some lengths of wire to it and possibly invest in a heat gun.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Been there ...done that. Solder and shrink tubing is a definite must. Judicious use of a small propane torch can get the job done too.

·
Administrator
13,869 Posts
i just recently went through the same problem. then i found a hook underneath my fender where those wires were supposed to be clung to specifically to prevent such things. instead of a heat gun, i just use a lighter. then i wrap all the wires up with electrical tape, then i wrap all that up with gorilla tape for extra protection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts