Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
The shoulder still hurts! Have an MRI this Thursday 9/15 and a follow up on Tuesday 9/20.
Still hoping it's just a simple torn rotator cuff. When they did a MRI on both my shoulders they discovered I'd torn both of mine so many times they had separated to the front and back of the shoulders and were irreparable. Most likely done during my time working construction in between my medical and law enforcement careers. My physical therapy was to build up all the other muscles around the cuffs to compensate. The doc was amazed that I had no idea I had torn mine so many times and was unaware of it, he stated that I must be abe to deal with pain quite well....... Personally I think it was little tears at a time that weren't all that painful.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Update on left shoulder. MRI showed I had ripped off 3 of the 4 tendons that connect the shoulder to the rotator cuff.
Surgery to fix this is tomorrow Friday 22 Sept.
I figured it was rotator cuff related but hoped it wasn't that bad. Praying for a successful surgery and fast recovery.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,868 Posts
Hopefully all goes well and a full recovery. Keep us informed.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,868 Posts
OK @Scrumdown, watch out of those feel good drugs. Did they find any extra parts in you? Hopefully they didn't hear a beep when they were working on you.

Chest Poster Font Advertising Thigh

Seriously, keep us up to date and fingers crossed for a full recovery.

• Haha
Reactions: GARider

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Only 2 of the tendons could be reattached
The third one was too shredded.
I'll know more after the follow up on Sept 30.

Ride baby! Ride!
At least they were able to get two reattached. look on the bright side, now you'll know if it's gonna rain without watching the weather......... ;)
When you start physical therapy do what they tell you to do, it helps a lot. Glad it went mostly well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts