Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a pair of decent over-the-ankle boots that serve well enough. But they're certainly not "motorcycle specific" boots, and whatever synthetic the soles are made of makes me crazy: if I even have a hint of brushing the hot pipes, it leaves a big black mark that ends up baked on and takes some real effort with the chrome polish to remove...

Not sure if I should go to leather soles, or just some more-bike-specific boots that use a non-instant-melting sole material.

Anyone have recommendations on what to consider and where to get it? I know you get what you pay for, but not looking for crazy-expensive either...

Thanks,

KC

·
Registered
522 Posts
Danner police boots

You can find them at boot warehouses at decent prices, comfy enough to wear all day on the bike or walking around off the bike too. They are water proof for the most part but do better if you get the ones without the side zipper.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I looked online at Sportsmans Guide today. They have a good variety of motorcycle specific boots for reasonable prices, I thought. I bought a pair from cyclegear. Be careful with cycle gear brand sizes on some boots, they don't run true to size. I normally wear size 10 but had to buy a 12 from them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts