Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I really need to do something about my seat.

I've ridden 1100's with stock seat. Not a fan.

My bike (2004) has the Mustang seat, which is better. But I find that after about an hour, my back starts aching. Problem is really that is just pushes me too far forward, e.g. "nuts on tank"... If I lean back against the backrest, my lower-half slides forward and I'm half-way on the tank. If I sit 'upright', I'm not on the tank, but not comfy... I do like having a backrest for myself, have little/no need for a pillion option...

Any suggestions???

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I loved the Corbin (also sold as a Yamaha Boulevard) on my 1100 before I made my own seat....it was the closest I ever got from a store bought seat that was pretty comfy on long rides. It'll sit you down and back about an inch.

You're right, the Mustang was every bit as bad as the stock seat for me, just in different ways...I sold mine 30 days after I bought it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I really need to do something about my seat.

I've ridden 1100's with stock seat. Not a fan.

My bike (2004) has the Mustang seat, which is better. But I find that after about an hour, my back starts aching. Problem is really that is just pushes me too far forward, e.g. "nuts on tank"... If I lean back against the backrest, my lower-half slides forward and I'm half-way on the tank. If I sit 'upright', I'm not on the tank, but not comfy... I do like having a backrest for myself, have little/no need for a pillion option...

Any suggestions???
I like my Airhawk seat pad for distance riding. It takes some getting used to, & not too much or too little air (just uses lung pressure to inflate/adjust). It gives a little as your weight shifts AND "soaks up" minor road bumps pretty well.
There are more models out now, so it will vary on how it helps forward lean. I think there is one with a "cut-out"; @ the center/front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts