Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Awesome. Allowed me to fall in love with my bike all over again. I don’t think it can be explained what a difference this lever makes. You just have to feel it. Thanks for such a great product that’s also affordable and easy to install.
G. Jackson, New Market, TN 6/10/10

Roger,just a note for your testamonials. My husband fixed my VTX so I really loved the new clutch feel. Well when I totalled that one and we bought a VStar Silverado Classic I almost got rid of it because of the clutch and how it functioned just as bad as the VTX in the beginning. I'm 5.1 and have small hands and the friction zone and pull was horrid. Husband found your product by accident and I',m delighted with the product and I will start enjoying my ride. Thanks again
Donna S., Belton, Mo. 4/2/10

Just wanted to write you and say a BIG THANKS for the excellent clutch lever! I have ridden motorcycles for 32 years and I recently sold my 2001 V-Star 1100 and bought a new V-Star 950. I have always noticed the short friction zone of the V-Stars ( my best friend and my husband both had 650s) but did not know there was such a simple solution to the problem. I ordered my Clevver as soon as I found about them and when it arrived it took me a whole 20 min. to install it. As soon as I rode it I could tell the difference immediately! The clutch actually make the bike a pleasure to ride at slow speeds! I wish I had known about this earlier on my old 1100! No more revving the engine to get the clutch "in the zone" for me!
Thanks again,

Donna King, Oak Ridge, TN 3/28/10

TheClevver.com

·
Registered
42 Posts
Order placed. Looking forward to install. My wife and I have been cruising around town, practicing low speed manuevers. Anxious to see if this helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Update: First impression

Received the Clevver yesterday and put on today. First, installation is very straightforward. Pay attention to the notes on the first page of instructions. I was able to remove the clutch lever and replace with the Clevver in about 15 minutes.

One thing I noticed is that there is a little more play (up and down) than the original lever. It's not bad, but I did notice.

O.K. first impressions. This is a good mod. For me, the sweet spot is now a lot closer to the left grip than it was previously. In fact, it surprised me when I got ready to take off. I'm so used to having to let out about half way before I start rolling. I barely let out and I was off.

However, I did not notice a lot of jerking or bucking when the clutch is just grabbing at low speed. It is much, much smoother than before.

I did a couple of laps around town and definitely did notice that shifting was smoother. I can't say that I really noticed much difference in the pull though. Maybe because it never really bothered me. I'm more interested in getting that sweet spot a bit closer to the grip.

I'm going to head on over to our local high school tomorrow and do some low speed maneuvers to see if this new sweet spot location makes a difference.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Since i am new to riding and no no better i have just assumed my clutch had to be the way it is and never complained, for 40 bucks i may give this a shot.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I love my Star but the clutch drives me insain, I just placed my order, report to follow as soon as it arrives.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got it in, put it on, so far so good, seems much smoother, just did a quick test ride but I think i'm going to like it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i bought first one off ebay, but supplier sent me wrong one to fit bike, so i sent it back to the clevver main supplier/ owner and he replaced with correct model for my bike and shipped to me a no charge, great example of a good supplier.

i have used it now for about one month. i have observed;
maybe a little easier to shift
a little closer to grip engage and maybe some wider rage of friction zone
i dont notice a huge difference but it has hurt so i am glad to try to use it
hope it helps and works for you, ride safely

1 - 7 of 7 Posts