Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to have to park my Roadliner Midnight outside, at apartment. Looking for recommendations for cover to protect bike from Houston, Texas rain and sun.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,457 Posts
Hey neighbor, I'm in Houston too, a few thoughts on covers from past experience:
1. Make sure bike is totally cooled before you put cover on, exhaust will burn holes.
2. With our humidity if you cover a wet bike be prepared to invite rust. Keep everything well waxed to help slow rust.
3. I've learned with our hot summers most covers will only last one season. Many years ago I had to keep my bike covered outside and would get about a year use. It was the sun that cooked it.
As long as you uncover often and let the humidity out from under the cover all will be good. I found as long as you get one that states it's for outside use it would last longer.

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
I gotta agree with lesblank, one designated for outdoor use lasts longer. Been there, done that, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
guardian has a lifetime guarantee but they cost around 80 dollars my first one lasted 4 years and they sent me a brand new one free, you have to send in the warranty card and register your cover when you buy it to get a free one, or you'll be out of luck

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! I ended up buying the WeatherFit™ Gold Motorcycle Cover just under $80 / free shipping. I think it has a 5 yr guarantee so hopefully it'll last that long! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts