Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas,

I was going through the book doing some of the recommended maintenance for the 7k mark and had a couple of questions. First, it says to sync the fuel injectors....I can't find any info on this. Have any of you done this? Where did you find instructions? Does it really mean injectors or does it mean the throttle bodies? Second, the book specs to replace rear brake pads if they are less that .03". That's basically 1/32" and that really seems thin to me? how thin have you run your rear pads before replacing and did you have your disc turned?

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can provide!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Hey Fellas,

I was going through the book doing some of the recommended maintenance for the 7k mark and had a couple of questions. First, it says to sync the fuel injectors....I can't find any info on this. Have any of you done this? Where did you find instructions? Does it really mean injectors or does it mean the throttle bodies? Second, the book specs to replace rear brake pads if they are less that .03". That's basically 1/32" and that really seems thin to me? how thin have you run your rear pads before replacing and did you have your disc turned?

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can provide!
It means synching throttle bodies...

I'd also replace my pads long before 1/32"....

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Never measured them. They looked pretty thin and I tossed them. That was about 18000 miles ago.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
probably about 1/4" or so......if I remember correctly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts