Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure it's in multiple threads, but usually with allowances for modified rear fenders, etc. To be able to collect it in one place:

What tires, brand, do you recommend for a stock 1100 silverado riden mostly in town but some freeway, hot country (Texas). Looking for a nice smooth ride, won't ride much in the rain if I can avoid it (quiet you wet, iron butts, I'm oldern you and my wife rides with me some).

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I am an old guy too, avoid the rain if possible, the best and smoothest ride I have ever had was (and is) on Metzler 880 marathon, love these tires, stick great, smooth ride, long lasting. They cost a bit more than many others, but to me, well worth it. I know not all agree, every has different views on this. I run an 1100vstar Silverado, stock (mostly) and the wife rides a good deal of the time with me. Hope you take a look, and hope this helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tires

thanks for the recommendation. I will be changing them out in Dec. and will probably get them unless something else comes in at a much, much better price. Noting else is jumping up and down though.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Tires

I have gone through a set of tires a year for the last six years. I just do not find the big differences many people talk about. So I try to stick to the brands the manufacturer put on the bikes. Bridgestone and Dunlop. I have tried Aons and Metzeler. They are as good as any. Only complaint some have with Dunlop and Bridgestone are with an heavy load and a hard turn a slight noise from the deeper wider tread groves on tire edges is heard. Doesn't bother me. Don't remember if the other tires do this or not.

Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
dangerous tires

2004 1100 classic.stay away from chinese "maxxis" tires, like greased lightning in the wet, very dangerous.guy b4 me scrimped on tires, they even cost about $120 apiece.I can run like a rail on my goldwing on dunlop elite 3's.my harley buddy says metzler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts