Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the site years ago when looking for a manual for my first 650 Vstar. I have owned 6 Yamahas now. I had a 1976 175 Enduro (2 Stroke), 1990's 650 (I Think), 1990's 850 Maxim, 2002 650 Vstar, 2008 650 Vstar and 2014 1300 Vstar Tourer. I loved every one of them. Very few problems with any of them ever even though all were bought used although I usually dont get anything with high miles to start with. I had some kind of ignition issue where it quit getting spark with the then high miles 650 that I should have had looked at. Other than that I changed the oil regularly, use Yamaha filters, oiled the cables and drove them. I continue to be amazed with the build quality of the bikes. Although I like a (very) few Harleys I am always surprised that you can buy 2 Yamahas for the price of a Harley and do much less maintenance and repairs over time! As long as they keep the quality I will keep buying Yamahas.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Glad to have you back. Glad you had good luck with your Yamahas. I my self grew up on Hondas but always wanted a Vstar classic. Last year i finally happened and i never regretted it. Found this site and have been hooked ever since. Stop by often.

·
Registered
2011 Yamaha VStar 650
274 Posts
Welcome back!
I'm at the other end of my journey with regards to owning Yamaha's (and cruisers / v twins). My last bike was a Suzuki sport bike. After owning it for 3 yrs I decided I wanted a comfortable ride... Don't think I'll ever go back!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,593 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Registered
504 Posts
greetings from New York. Glad to have you back... stop by often.

·
Super Moderator
6,971 Posts
Welcome back from East Tennessee!
Love to see some pics of your stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts