Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those that had their factory saddlebags recovered. I have a 2014 950T with the factor bags that are starting to need help. I've looked around and there isn't anyone around here that will strip them and do bodywork on them then paint them, which is my preference.
So I decided to look into having them recovered. I found a shop local upholstery shop that will recover them for $600. They showed my some of their work and I'm happy their quality and think they would do a great job. They will use whatever I prefer (leather, vinyl), pleather)

My question is, does $600 seem in the right range? And would leather wear better than vinyl or pleather?

I'm planning this for the winter when I don't ride as much.

·
Super Moderator
5,262 Posts
I paid $160.00 to have the seat on my Strat recovered and that was pretty straight forward. I don't think that is unreasonable. I would go with leather we know that holds up.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You will need to maintain the leather much more so than the synthetics.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought an accident damaged bike that the saddle bag was broke and the leather very damaged. I took the leather off and labeled the pieces, had a buddy who owns a body shop fix the saddle bag. I bought garment leather from Tandy and had a guy who recovers bike seats recover the damaged bag and the lid from the other side as the seam had started to open, A trained "eye" could not tell they were repaired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts