Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone new here,
just picked up a set of pcs thugstar exhaust for my 01 custom 1100, im wondering do I need to rejet since everything else is stock or should I rejet or wait till I do an intake system?
I have the winter to figure this out and here in Canada its 6 mths or more haha

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
The trick is to just try to keep away from 3/4 to wide open throttle for extended periods. If you do that there will be no issues.

A couple of things on that pipe. If your bike is lowered at all, be a little careful on hard right turns, you'll scrape pretty easy. Also, you'll lose a lot of your low end torque, if you put in a torque cone (Harley shovel head will fit)it helps a great deal.

That's a great sounding pipe. I has one years ago.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im new to bikes so bear with me im still learning haha , the bike isn't lowered yet, looking at doing the pcs adjustable kit over the winter as well I hate the gap between fender and tires, and I want to maintain the ability to have a passenger when im comfortable enough to take one, so that limits my choice of rear fenders. whats a torque cone ?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Happy to have you join us and look forward to reading your posts and seeing pics of your bike. Great bunch of people here with knowledge and patience to help everyone with their rides. Post often and ride safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts