Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the roadstar has a relay unit on it 3EN81950-00-00. Just what does this unit do? I know it runs the fuel pump ok what else does this unit do? I appreciate any input on it. Thanks Dee

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fat Jay, I don't get any continuity through the skyblue and blue yellow on the ignition check portion of the service manual but on the fuel pump check out it is good. Im not that good with elect diagrams sorry when it comes to electrics I m totally lost. I have checked the whole ignition system out and this is the only part that doesn't check out.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If the fuel pump comes on for 4-6 seconds when you turn the key, then shuts off until the bike starts, Neither relay or pump are the problem.

If the fuel pump does not come on, disconnect the fuel pump's plug next to the pump, stick a test light into the plug that is not connected to the pump.

If it lights up when you turn the key, the pump is the problem. If not, the relay or fuse is the problem. Fuse box is under the left side cover. If the fuse is ok, the relay is bad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im thinking the relay is bad

checked the sky blue and blue yellow wire no continuity, then checked out the fuel pump part of the relay is working and part is not. So I ordered the relay and waiting for it to come in. Fat Jay I appreciate you help. I will follow up once the new relay gets here I also ordered the inline diode just to make sure. I can t find it on the parts list but after reading some post on road star clinic I found it on the 2004 road star. Imagine Yamaha forgot to put it on the 99-03 models. I even called Yamaha in Georgia they said to go to Radio Shack imagine that! Thanks again for your help! Dee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts