Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell, I just purchased a V Star 650 custom for my wife, and her legs are just a little too short for the controls. Is there a kit to move these back a little or are floor boards the best option?

Thanks

Clay

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I've never seen an Aft Controls Kit. That being said I don't think its impossible. The linkage rods could be shortened and re-threaded they are about 4" long. The hardest part would be the fabricating a footpeg mount. The Fwd mounts can be made of straight bar stock because there are no clearance problems for the new bolts that hold the pegs. The new part would have to have a mount platform to mimic the old mount then zig out and zag back to allow clearance for the new mount position bolt heads.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never seen an Aft Controls Kit. That being said I don't think its impossible. The linkage rods could be shortened and re-threaded they are about 4" long. The hardest part would be the fabricating a footpeg mount. The Fwd mounts can be made of straight bar stock because there are no clearance problems for the new bolts that hold the pegs. The new part would have to have a mount platform to mimic the old mount then zig out and zag back to allow clearance for the new mount position bolt heads.
Thanks,
I was looking at them, and yes it would certainly be more difficult to make than the forward controls, but not ridiculously hard either. All I need now is for someone to donate some stock brackets so I can start on a set! :)

Clay

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Make another post ans say you're lookin for them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Try a Mustang or Corbin seat...they get you lower to the ground by at least an inch! It may help with her problem, I had to get rid of mine because it was cramping my legs up..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try a Mustang or Corbin seat...they get you lower to the ground by at least an inch! It may help with her problem, I had to get rid of mine because it was cramping my legs up..
She can reach the ground okay, just not the peg position. We are looking at other seats, but mainly for traveling distances.

Clay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts